[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Radius vs RasterOps 24-bit color card for the SE/30

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (04/27/91)

The VAR I'm buying my color monitor and SE/30 24-bit color card called up to
say that he's having a delay on getting the RasterOps color card, and wanted
to know if a Radius 24-bit color card for the SE/30 would be alright.  I've
heard lots of good things about the RasterOps 24-bit card and the Micron
8-bit card for the SE/30 on the net, but nothing about the Radius (or the
SuperMac card.)  Any comments from those who've had experience with these
two?  It would be greatly appreciated.  (And thanks much for the help
already contributed!)

                           "So what happens?"
                                                     "At 0700 hours tomorrow
                                                      morning, my shutdown
                                                      disk will be activated,
                                                      and all mental and
                                                      physical operations will
                                                      cease."
                           "And then what?"
                                                     "I don't know -- maybe
                                                      I'll get a job as a disc
                                                      jockey."
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

lemke@radius.com (Steve Lemke) (04/29/91)

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:

>The VAR I'm buying my color monitor and SE/30 24-bit color card called up to
>say that he's having a delay on getting the RasterOps color card, and wanted
>to know if a Radius 24-bit color card for the SE/30 would be alright.  I've
>heard ... nothing about the Radius (or the SuperMac card.)

Probably because we don't have one.  We sell a 1-bit Two Page Display inter-
face board for the SE/30, and a Pivot Interface (2-bit expandable to 4-bit),
and a Color Pivot Interface (8-bit).  Presently that's it for the SE/30.

I'm not sure if SuperMac has a 24-bit card for the SE/30 or not.

--
----- Steve Lemke, KC6QDT - Software Engineering, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- Reply to: lemke@radius.com -- U.C. Santa Barbara ECE Class of '89 -----