[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Info wanted on Northgate

dbreiden@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Danny Breidenbach) (05/03/91)

I plan to buy an LC this summer, and rather than pay for an Apple extended
keyboard, I have had the Northgate extended keyboard recommended.

Has anyone had any experience with Northgate--esp. with the extended keyboard?
Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Also, any info on where to find Northgate stuff would help.  Thanks.

Email or post, whichever you think is best.

--Danny Breidenbach			dbreiden@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (05/04/91)

In article <11769@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> dbreiden@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Danny Breidenbach) writes:
> I plan to buy an LC this summer, and rather than pay for an Apple extended
> keyboard, I have had the Northgate extended keyboard recommended.
> Has anyone had any experience with Northgate--esp. with the extended keyboard?
> Positive and negative comments are welcome.

Northgate makes a wonderful keyboard.  But only for PC-AT type machines.
They were not prepared to service the Mac community, and they withdrew
their Mac OminKey Plus keyboard from the market within weeks of shipping
the first units.  Rumor has it that they could not get it to work right,
and they weren't interested in spending the additional R&D money.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                       ...uunet!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john