[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Problem with NEC P5200 printer

bazell@stsci.EDU (David Bazell) (05/08/91)

I have a NEC P5200 printer using a grapler lq hooked up to my MacII.
It does not print well consistently, it often splits lines of text
(top to bottom) so there is a horizontal space through it.  The mac
also seems to loose contact witht the printer sometimes, it doesn't
seem to know that the printer is on line.

Has anyone had similar problems? or have a potential solution?

Thanks.

Dave Bazell

bradk@wimsey.bc.ca (Brad Kollmyer) (05/11/91)

In article <2660@ra.stsci.edu> bazell@stsci.EDU (David Bazell) writes:
>I have a NEC P5200 printer using a grapler lq hooked up to my MacII.
>It does not print well consistently, it often splits lines of text
>(top to bottom) so there is a horizontal space through it.  The mac
>also seems to loose contact witht the printer sometimes, it doesn't
>seem to know that the printer is on line.

Why not try PrintLink express from GDT softworks. I think this will
eliminate your problems. For more information send them email at
gdt.mkt@applelink.apple.com.

Brad Kollmyer
bradk@wimsey.bc.ca