[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Connecting a FUJITSU Harddisc Drive to a Mac

steffo@gmdzi.gmd.de (Stefan Weber) (05/18/91)

Hi,

I bought a SCSI disc drive from Fujitsu. Unfortunately I don't have a formatter
that works with this drive. I know that I can patch the standard Apple
formatter (I read it in a magazine) if it is a Seagate drive. Please can
somebody tell me how to patch the program in order to use my drive? Is there
a formatter for *any* SCSI drive? If yes, please mail it to me.

Thanx in advance

steffo

Steffo Weber                          |  Tel. (+49) 2241-14-2203
F3.XPS                                |  steffo@gmdzi.uucp
German National Research Center       |
for Computer Science (GMD)            |
Expert Systems Research Group         |  Finish is nicht Finnisch,
P.O. Box 1240                         |  sondern Englisch.

D-5205 St. Augustin 1                 |

W. Germany                            |

cjeff@ghoti.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) (05/18/91)

In article <4733@gmdzi.gmd.de> steffo@gmdzi.gmd.de (Stefan Weber) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I bought a SCSI disc drive from Fujitsu. Unfortunately I don't have a formatter
>that works with this drive....Is there a formatter for *any* SCSI drive? If
>yes, please mail it to me.

Well, I've never heard of a drive that SilverLining won't format, and I
suspect the same would be true of FWB's software. These are of course
both commercial products, and I'm pretty sure there's no public-domain
software that will suit your needs.

--Carl Alexander
News Editor, The Active Window
cjeff@ghoti.lcs.mit.edu