[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 12" vs 13" color monitor

boba@ingres.com (Bob Andrews) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May22.172644.26235@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cameron@symcom ( Cameron Sm
ith) writes:
>I am considering a MacLC and would like to know what the differences
>are between the 12" and 13" color monitors.  Does the 13" monitor
>look significantly better?

I looked at the 12" and 13" Apple color monitors side by side, and I
found text displayed with Word to be significantly clearer on the 13".
Since I do a lot of writing and don't have the world's greatest
eyesight, I bought the 13" monitor.  I picked color because I want to
play games & have fun as well.  Unfortunately, if you want 8-bit color
on the 13" RGB monitor on an LC you have to shell out an extra $150 or
so for the extra SIMM you need.  16 colors just isn't fun enough.

>For anyone who has an LC: Are you happy with it?  Have you found
>any programs with which it is incompatible?

So far so good.  I'm quite happy.  Of course, I haven't tried 7.0 yet ...

	BobA
|      o                              o    o    o        o    o    o          |
 Bob Andrews, Ingres Products Division, ASK Computer Systems (boba@ingres.com)