[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Apples Obligation

m_herodotus@csc32.enet.dec.com (Mario Herodotus) (05/24/91)

--

In article <266622.283C3284@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG>, Adam.Frix@p18.f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:
>Perhaps you're reading something that's not there.  The machine is physically capable of holding, and utilizing, 128MB of RAM.  Did Apple make any specific promise about the operating system that could address all of it?
>
>No, they did not.  Go forth and get A/UX.  Address all the RAM that Apple promised the box could hold.
>
>--Adam--

	Adam's done a lot to let us all know the alternatives to ROM upgrades,
thanks Adam. Only one problem, I think you missed the real issue.

	Personnaly I don't care how Apple does it but I want the capabability
to address 128M of memory just like the advertising that persuaded me that the
IIcx was my best choice promised, and just like the specs in my IIcx manual
claim.  I don't care what form they do this in but I want what I paid for!
They can send me a free copy of MODE 32 and upgrade me for free every time it
no longer works with the current OS, they can write their own patch or INIT or
extension, they can give me new ROMs, or a new motherboard, I'll even accept a
free copy of A/UX.

	I was promised a complete system that addressed 128M of main memory and
I want it.  There was no stipulation made that in order to get everything I was
told in the specs that I would have to spend an additional $150 or more.

	So again, thanks to everyone who thinks I'm a crybaby, and for all of
your suggestions.  But I still want what I purchased nothing more and certainly
nothing less!

Mario

     I can't afford my own opinions, and DEC won't pay for them either.
Mario Herodotus   [ CX03 1/K3 ] |        m_herodotus@coors.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation   |
Customer Support Center         | - or - m_herodotus%coors.dec@decwrl.dec.com
305 Rockrimmon Blvd.            |
Colorado Springs, CO 80919      | - or - ...!decwrl!coors.dec.com!m_herodotus

(800) 525-6570  Ext 25520       | - or - CSC32::M_HERODOTUS
[direct line (719) 592-5520]    |