[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Monitor Wiggle

ewa@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Eric Anderson) (05/24/91)

I have a Mac IIci with Apple Hi Res Color and Apple Full Page monitors.
The color is attached to a 4*8 card, the FPD is on the built-in video.

These monitors dance fiercely when they are moved together.  Is there
anything practical I can do about this?  How about cable shielding?
How about a grounded steel plate between the two?  Anything?

Thanks...

Eric Anderson                                      ewa@cs.ucsd.edu
Computer Systems Laboratory                        (619)534-8604
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive 0114
La Jolla, CA  92093-0114

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Emilio Lizardo ) (05/24/91)

ewa@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Eric Anderson) writes:

>I have a Mac IIci with Apple Hi Res Color and Apple Full Page monitors.
>The color is attached to a 4*8 card, the FPD is on the built-in video.

>These monitors dance fiercely when they are moved together.  Is there
>anything practical I can do about this?  How about cable shielding?
>How about a grounded steel plate between the two?  Anything?

Wow, it's fun with interference! Why not move the Monitors at least 18" apart?
--
Nevermind what the EPA says, It's Good For you! Drink it! Drink it! Drink It!