[comp.sys.mac.hardware] GCC Personal Laser Printer II driver

kenh@eclectic.COM (Ken Hancock) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May20.185727.16969@athena.mit.edu> josh@athena.mit.edu (Josh Hartmann) writes:
>The GCC PLPII driver must be in the System Folder proper to be recognized.
>That is what GCC's tech support says.
>It can not be in the Extensions folder of System 7.
>The tech support rep also said that a new, System 7-happy driver will be
>out during the summer. It will be available free from CompuServe and
>GEnie and probably America OnLine. Hopefully someone around here will put
>it on mac.archive.umich.edu and sumex-aim.stanford.edu, as I do not have
>access to any of the pay services.
>GCC will also send you the new driver. However, they want $39 for that
>service. :-(

PLP 3.0, should hopefully be shipping next week.  (NOTE: I said -hopefully-)
Since GCC isn't connected up to Internet, we really can't support it.
I unofficially support it and the new driver WILL be posted to info-mac.
I'll also be happy to post it to umich, if someone will be so kind as
to mail me with submission guidelines.

As for the $39, we really have to provide that option.  There's customers
out there who are using really old drivers without the compressed fonts, etc.
The $39 includes the three-disk set as well as new manuals/addendums.

If there's sufficient interest, I'll also be happy to post the new drivers
for the WriteMove, WriteImpact, and ColorFast, but won't do so unless I
receive sufficient requests, since there's no need to clutter Stanford's
archives.  If you wish to see these posted as well, send me mail.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock             | INTERNET: kenh@eclectic.com
Isle Systems            | Compuserve: >INTERNET: kenh@eclectic.com