[comp.sys.mac.hardware] System Hogging New Memory

cluther@sonne.cnns.unt.edu (Clay Luther) (05/30/91)

We just installed 16 megs on a Mac FX and the system now hogs about 14 megs of
it.  We cannot figure out how to get the system release these 14 megs.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Clay W. Luther                  cluther@sonne.cnns.unt.edu
System Manager                  Center for Network Neuroscience

In article <cluther.675616485@sonne> cluther@sonne.cnns.unt.edu (Clay Luther) writes:
>We just installed 16 megs on a Mac FX and the system now hogs about 14 megs of
>it.  We cannot figure out how to get the system release these 14 megs.

You mean 16 megs over and above the 4MB you already had installed, right?

Run System 7.0, and go into 32-bit addressing mode.