[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Formatting 3rd party drive using Apple HD Set Up

jhs@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Hee-Sen Jong) (06/02/91)

Could someone please tell me how I could format 3rd party drive usiing
Apple HD set up, ie how to get the program to recognize the
3rd party drive in the first place.  I heard it involves
twicking with REs Edit.  Can someone tell me the exact procedure
pleease.  Thanks in advance.
Sen

rprohask@orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) (06/02/91)

In article <RZ8+J-C@engin.umich.edu> jhs@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Hee-Sen Jong) writes:
>Could someone please tell me how I could format 3rd party drive usiing
>Apple HD set up, ie how to get the program to recognize the
>3rd party drive in the first place.

I would like to second the request:  The new HDSC Setup is different
enough so that the former technique (altering a length byte so the
formatter doesn't check the entire drive name) can't be applied, at
least not in the simpleminded manner that I attempted.  The program
either crashed or failed to recognize my quantum 105.

While we're on the subject, could such a patch be extended to work
with syquest cartridges?  The software that came with mine is nowhere
near as nice as HDSC Setup.

bob prohaska