[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Flaky DiskLight, stable InUse

kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) (06/03/91)

jwg1@gte.com (James W. Gish) writes:

>Don't rule out software here.  I had similar problems that I was
>blaming on a new disk I was using, and finally tracked my problems
>down to the use of Norton Utilities Disklight init ver. 1.0, which
>according to Symantic/Norton is "incompatible with all kind of stuff."

I too have had problems with DiskLight, so i switched back to InUse
2.0 which has no known (to me) problems. It has a different indicator
for each scsi device, but does not distinguish between read/write, nor
does it do floppies.
--
	...kiran
		__________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu________(812) 331-1710

From the corrections column in a July Fresno, CA _Bee_:
"An item in Thursday's [issue] about the Massachusetts budget crisis
made reference to new taxes that will help put Massachusetts 'back in
the African-American.' The item should have said 'back in the black.'"