[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac SCSI disk on IPC?

ken@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Ken.Yap) (06/06/91)

I have a Mac SCSI disk at my disposal, a Rodime 45 Plus to be exact.  I
was wondering if I could plug it into the back of my Sparc IPC, format
it (for Unix) and have some extra disk space available.

Yes, I know it may be slow, etc., but I have the disk for free.

Please be gentle in any explanations why it might or might not work.  I
know SCSI is a bus standard and that's about it.

Thanks.

	Ken
	ken@syd.dit.csiro.au
	ken@csis.dit.csiro.au

norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) (06/06/91)

ken@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Ken.Yap) writes:

>I have a Mac SCSI disk at my disposal, a Rodime 45 Plus to be exact.  I
>was wondering if I could plug it into the back of my Sparc IPC, format
>it (for Unix) and have some extra disk space available.

>Yes, I know it may be slow, etc., but I have the disk for free.

>Please be gentle in any explanations why it might or might not work.  I
>know SCSI is a bus standard and that's about it.

We hooked up an external SCSI drive to a Sun and it worked. As long as
you have the drive info for formatting via the Sun, there should be no
problems.

--
//  Norton Chia || I can be reached via e-mail  -->  norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU /
/ Micro Support || Yes, this is Australia calling. //////  AppleLink: AUST0240 /