[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Sys 7: Upgrades for Apple Scanner & CD ROM

rdw89@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Williams RD) (06/06/91)

I hear that the software that comes with the Apple Scanner doesn't
work with system 7.  Is this the case?  If so, when will new versions
of the software come out?

Is there any problem running the Apple CD-ROM drive under system 7?

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (06/08/91)

In article <8011@ecs.soton.ac.uk> rdw89@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Williams RD) writes:
>I hear that the software that comes with the Apple Scanner doesn't
>work with system 7.  Is this the case?  If so, when will new versions
>of the software come out?
>
>Is there any problem running the Apple CD-ROM drive under system 7?

I believe the latest CD-ROM drivers from Apple are v3.1.  Note that all
of the files are not necessarily marked v3.1, but the SET of them is.  I
don't think the CD-ROM will work properly under 7.0 with the older
drivers (I have only run 3.0bxxx -> 3.1 with my setup).

The Apple Scanner software is now version 1.0.2, as is the Scanner INIT.
They are available now, but I'm not sure of the best SOURCE.

Paul

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |