[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IIgs in a Mac

6500erik@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Erik Adams) (06/09/91)

In article <i14857.284D8283@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG> Douglas.Currens@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Currens) writes:

>Yep, he means the LC with the $200 IIe emulator card added internally,
>although why they didn't at least emulate a IIgs is beyond me. You'll need to
>remove it to use any other cards, though(accellerators, coprocessors, etc.)
>but at least the LC is easy to open. Good luck

>--
>Douglas Currens - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
>    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Douglas.Currens
>INTERNET: Douglas.Currens@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG

I read in an article somewhere that there are plans for a IIgs
in a Mac, but that they couldn't do it right off the bat because
they were having some trouble getting all of the IIgs functionality
onto one card, especially if that card was going to be put in
a IIgs.

Fine machine, the IIgs.  Wish I had one.

Erik
6500erik@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu or 6500erik@ucsbuxa.bitnet
<but only until June 15th, because...>
"Graduate school is for the birds!"