[comp.sys.mac.hardware] NTSC on the 8*24

pascal@CAM.ORG (Pascal Gosselin) (06/10/91)

Has anyone here ever gotten the Apple Video Card Utility to work with
the 8*24 video card ?  I know the card supports RS-170A timing but the
Apple Video Card Utility doesn't seem to "see" this card.

Setup is 6.0.7 (Fr.Canada) with 32bit Quickdraw (from 6.0.7 printing tools)
and Monitors CDEV version 4.0 beta something (came with the Apple Video
Card Utility).

Does this utility work on anything other than the Toby Frame Buffer (a.k.a.
original 8 bit video card) ?  Is there an updated version of this product ?

Thanks!

| Pascal Gosselin          | Internet: pascal@CAM.ORG Applelink: CDA0585 |
| Gest-Mac Inc. Apple VAR  |   Voice (514) 767-4444   Fax (514) 767-7337 |

In article <1991Jun10.023624.9737@CAM.ORG> pascal@CAM.ORG (Pascal Gosselin) writes:
>Has anyone here ever gotten the Apple Video Card Utility to work with
>the 8*24 video card ?  I know the card supports RS-170A timing but the
>Apple Video Card Utility doesn't seem to "see" this card.
>
>Does this utility work on anything other than the Toby Frame Buffer (a.k.a.
>original 8 bit video card) ?  Is there an updated version of this product ?

Yes, it works with the "Apple High Resolution Video Card".  But I think it only
allows you to turn on the flicker filter when used with such a card

If you want RS-170A from the 8*24, just leave the sense lines unconnected.
Connect up the green/sync and the ground lines to your monitor, and nothing
else.  (be sure to set the system to monochrome)

mcguffey@muvms3.bitnet (Michael McGuffey) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun10.183906.2147@eng.umd.edu>, russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
> In article <1991Jun10.023624.9737@CAM.ORG> pascal@CAM.ORG (Pascal Gosselin) writes:
>>Has anyone here ever gotten the Apple Video Card Utility to work with
>>the 8*24 video card ?  I know the card supports RS-170A timing but the
>>Apple Video Card Utility doesn't seem to "see" this card.
>>
>>Does this utility work on anything other than the Toby Frame Buffer (a.k.a.
>>original 8 bit video card) ?  Is there an updated version of this product ?
>
> Yes, it works with the "Apple High Resolution Video Card".  But I think it only
> allows you to turn on the flicker filter when used with such a card
>
> If you want RS-170A from the 8*24, just leave the sense lines unconnected.
> Connect up the green/sync and the ground lines to your monitor, and nothing
> else.  (be sure to set the system to monochrome)

What does one do in order to get NTSC color from the 8*24 card?
Are the pinouts/documentation for the 8*24 card available anywhere?

Thanks,

-- michael
Michael McGuffey, Director	  BITNET:   mcguffey@marshall
Office of Institutional Research  Internet: mcguffey@marshall.wvnet.edu
Marshall University		  Phone:    304/696-3212
Huntington, WV 25755		  FAX:      304/696-3601