[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Monitors for the Mac IIsi ?

Greg@sys.uea.ac.uk (06/11/91)

I have been reading about the different monitors that can be placed on a Mac
IIsi and I have heard several rumours that the IIsi will support the two page
display without any extra hardware/cards.

The Apple flyer for the Si doesn't mention it as an option. Does anybody if the
Mac IIsi will support the TPD ?

thanks, Greg

Greg Newton-Ingham		<Greg@sys.uea.ac.uk>

#include <Usual Disclaimers.h>

lemke@radius.com (Steve Lemke) (06/12/91)

Greg@sys.uea.ac.uk writes:

>I have been reading about the different monitors that can be placed on a Mac
>IIsi and I have heard several rumours that the IIsi will support the two page
>display without any extra hardware/cards.

Nope.  Not a chance.

>The Apple flyer for the Si doesn't mention it as an option. Does anybody if the
>Mac IIsi will support the TPD ?

The on-board video chip in the IIsi is the same as the chip in the IIc, and
that chip only supports the 12" RGB, the 12" Mono, the 13" RGB, and the Apple
portrait (or Radius FPD or Radius Pivot or Radius Color Pivot).  It will not
drive anything larger than 640 x 870.

--
----- Steve Lemke, KC6QDT - Software Engineering, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- Reply to: lemke@radius.com -- U.C. Santa Barbara ECE Class of '89 -----