[comp.sys.mac.hardware] LC upgrade to '030

michael@otago.ac.nz (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun11.091454.236@amc.uva.nl>, jonker@amc.uva.nl writes:
>>MacWeek says that Apple will have a 68030 upgrade available for the LC
>>and the Classic sometime this fall.
> "update"
> will this mean that the '020 version will be replaced by a '030 version,
> or will be upgraded by a chipset to be plugged in the '020 socket
> or will there be a PDB expansion card?

Well, the '020 isn't in a socket, so that option is out. I doubt there will be
a card, there wouldn't be much point. Especially if, as I suspect, the '030
referred to is the low-cost plastic-pack 68EC030 Motorola have recently
announced, which doesn't have a PMMU.

Michael(tm) Hamel, Computing Services Centre, University of Otago, New Zealand

GLORORUM (n.)
One who takes pleasure in informing others about their bowel movements.