[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Fonts on Original Laserwriter

WXG7@psuvm.psu.edu (06/13/91)

I've been used to using Apple Laserwriters for the last several years (both
IINT and IINTX) but recently I've been in an office with an antedeluvian
original Laserwriter. When I first tried to print files to it I was surprised
to find that many of my fonts such as Palatino and Helvetica narrow and
Zapf Chancery didn't come out. We don't have a manual on the printer anymore
and Apple dealers have been no help. It seems nobody can remember what fonts
are resident in this tired old machine (besides Times and Helvetica). Does
anyone out there know?
Bill Gallagher (WXG7@PSUVM)

ejb@think.com (Erik Bailey) (06/14/91)

In article <91164.104934WXG7@psuvm.psu.edu> WXG7@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>I've been used to using Apple Laserwriters for the last several years (both
>IINT and IINTX) but recently I've been in an office with an antedeluvian
>original Laserwriter. When I first tried to print files to it I was surprised
>to find that many of my fonts such as Palatino and Helvetica narrow and
>Zapf Chancery didn't come out. We don't have a manual on the printer anymore
>and Apple dealers have been no help. It seems nobody can remember what fonts
>are resident in this tired old machine (besides Times and Helvetica). Does
>anyone out there know?
>Bill Gallagher (WXG7@PSUVM)

Courier and Symbol.  That's it, I'm sorry to say... --Erik

--
      Erik Bailey       | 7 Oak Knoll         | Thinking Machines Corp.
      ejb@think.com     | Arlington, MA 02174 | 245 First St.

In article <91164.104934WXG7@psuvm.psu.edu> WXG7@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>I've been used to using Apple Laserwriters for the last several years (both
>IINT and IINTX) but recently I've been in an office with an antedeluvian
>original Laserwriter. When I first tried to print files to it I was surprised
>to find that many of my fonts such as Palatino and Helvetica narrow and
>Zapf Chancery didn't come out. We don't have a manual on the printer anymore
>and Apple dealers have been no help. It seems nobody can remember what fonts
>are resident in this tired old machine (besides Times and Helvetica). Does
>anyone out there know?

Times, Helvetica, Symbol, and Courier.