[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacII FDHD upgrade

moynihan@trwind.UUCP (Bill Moynihan) (06/14/91)

I just purchased a M0247 (drive) and M0244 (IC) "Apple FDHD Internal
Drive Upgrade" kits. The drive went in OK but only formats @ 800K.
My problem is where to put the ROMS. Since I'm not a "Level 1
Service Trained Technician" (Engineer by schooling) I'm soliciting your
assistance. I've listed below the part numbers all I need is
their locations (ROM# or U#).

	342-0639 ROM#_____ or U#_____
	342-0640 ROM#_____ or U#_____
	342-0641 ROM#_____ or U#_____
	342-0642 ROM#_____ or U#_____

Thanks in advance for your help. Please email me directly
(moynihan@trwind.trw.com)

Bill Moynihan

tgoose@eng.umd.edu (Jason Garms) (06/15/91)

In article <24145@trwind.UUCP>, moynihan@trwind.UUCP (Bill Moynihan) writes:
> I just purchased a M0247 (drive) and M0244 (IC) "Apple FDHD Internal
> Drive Upgrade" kits. The drive went in OK but only formats @ 800K.
> My problem is where to put the ROMS. Since I'm not a "Level 1
> Service Trained Technician" (Engineer by schooling) I'm soliciting your
> assistance. I've listed below the part numbers all I need is
> their locations (ROM# or U#).
>
> 	342-0639 ROM#_____ or U#_____
> 	342-0640 ROM#_____ or U#_____
> 	342-0641 ROM#_____ or U#_____
> 	342-0642 ROM#_____ or U#_____
>
> Thanks in advance for your help. Please email me directly
> (moynihan@trwind.trw.com)
>
> Bill Moynihan

The new ROMs go in the same numeric sequential order as the old ROMs.
Also, I thought the ROM upgrade came with a small booklet which actually
listed the chip replacements.

Jason Garms
tgoose@eng.umd.edu