[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac Plus INTERNAL Hard Disk Kits Forsale.

Rick_McCormack@mindlink.bc.ca (Rick McCormack) (06/24/91)

regarding the exchange rates from Australia to America, I believe Steven Howell
<steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au> may have it bass ackwards when he sez:

"$0.74 AU = $1.00 US"

I think it is really "1.00 (US) = 1.35 (AUS)".  Thus, his prices appear 35%
higher than they would in America, and you can multiply his posted prices by
74% (0.74) to find the (approximate) US price.

Please note that the exchange rates for most important currencies (i.e.
everything but the Albanian and Lesotho units of exchange) can be found daily
in most major newspapers, somewhere on the stock exchange listing pages.

| IMAGISTICS Business Theatre Technology | Rick McCormack |
|  Interactive   Effective   Compelling  | Vancouver,  BC |
|________________________________________|________________|
|  UseNet: Rick_McCormack@mindlink.uucp  |  A O-L: Rique  |
|_________________________________________________________|
.

steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell) (06/25/91)

Cheers Peoples.

Some time ago i was in a discussion on internal hard disks for mac plus's,
which i finally got around to building. These kits have now been perfected
with the advent of the Quantum and Connor LPS type hard disks.

I thought up the idea and had a local crowd manufacture the boards and brackets,
but to achive the quality *i wanted*, it cost a little more than i expected.
I am hoping that the prices will be drastically reduced once manufacture cost
has been met.  As you may figure, Aussie is no cheasp hi tech place to build.
anyway...
Basically the kit enables you to install either a 52Mb,105Mb or 210Mb
hard disk INSIDE a Mac Plus, without ANY soldering or drilling.
It also poses no risk to the power suppy, as a FAN is included and is mounted
inside the unit similar to how it is mounted inside a Mac Classic.
The drive also draws no more than what an accelerator card would (if you plan
on having both send me the power spec's and i will send back a report on that
configuration)

The kits work exceptionally well and I was happy to put the time and research in
to the project. My main aim was a simple, yet reliable plug in system.

Anyway, if you would like to buy one, you may. I have supplied a price list.

***** NOTE:   	THESE PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS - NOT US -
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
Macintosh Plus System 7 Enhancement Kits.
The Plus7 Kit Enables a Mac plus to have the power of an expanded classic by
giving it:

Internal Hard Disk (Either 52MB, 105MB, or 210MB)
Memory Upgrade (Upgrade to either 2.5MB or 4MB)
Cooling Fan Assembly (Internal Convection System/Similar to Classic)

There Are Six Configurations that the Plus7 Kit Comes In:
Note: All kits Include SCSI Bridge Board.

a)  *	HD52  LPS & Cooling System				$825.00
b)  *	HD105 LPS & Cooling System		       		$1135.00
c)	HD52  LPS & Cooling System + 2MB Upgrade		$1065.00
d)	HD105 LPS & Cooling System + 2MB Upgrade		$1375.00
e) 	HD52  LPS & Cooling System + 4MB Upgrade		$1305.00
f)	HD105 LPS & Cooling System + 4MB Upgrade		$1615.00

* Note: Apple's SYSTEM 7 requires a minimum configuration of 2MB RAM and a Hard         Disk of 20MB Or Greater.

Cost Of Each Item:
SCSI Bridge Board:
Includes Cable & PCB Assembly + Software
2 Brackets, Fan Assembly + Screws to suit  			$220.00

Hard Disk LPS 52s
Hard Disk Assembly. Quantum LPS Series (52MB)			$680.00

Hard Disk LPS 105s
Hard Disk Assembly. Quantum LPS Series (105MB)			$990.00

Hard Disk LPS 210s
Hard Disk Assembly. Quantum LPS Series (210MB)			$ N/A

Memory prices:
2MB	Ram (2x 1MB Simms)	 				$240.00
4MB	Ram (4x 1MB Simms)					$480.00

Note: There Is NO SOLDERING or need to drill ANY HOLES. Not even for the fan, as      a convection cooling system Draws cool Air thru cooling vents located at        the bottom of the Mac.

NOTE: The kit can only be installed in Macintosh's with no less than 2Mb of           memory. The memory refresh cycle of the mac, allows the drive spin-up           time when the power is applied.

Steven Howell - steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au    Ph 202811    )Plus7

if you need info on these, drop me some mail and i should be able to help you
out.

Steve h

a fellow made up

dsiebert@icaen.uiowa.edu (Doug Siebert) (06/25/91)

In article <steveh.677834469@tasman> steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell) writes:

>Some time ago i was in a discussion on internal hard disks for mac plus's,
>which i finally got around to building. These kits have now been perfected
>with the advent of the Quantum and Connor LPS type hard disks.

...deleted for bandwidth savings...

>***** NOTE:   	THESE PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS - NOT US -

                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
So exactly what is the exchange rate anyhow? :-)

--
|-----------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|
| Doug Siebert                | "All opinions expressed herein are obviously  |

steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell) (06/25/91)

	struth... I can't be exact, as the rates are always changing..
but the last time i checked is was almost .74, as in

$0.74 AU = $1.00 US

I'll have post some methods of converting currency values.

steve

legg@ucs.adelaide.edu.au (Christian Legg) (06/26/91)

From article <steveh.677853211@tasman>,
 by steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell):

>       struth... I can't be exact, as the rates are always changing..
> but the last time i checked is was almost .74, as in
>
> $0.74 AU = $1.00 US

  Nice try Steven! It's actually the other way around, thus

  $1.00 AU = $0.74 US

  The value of the Australian dollar is ALWAYS less than the value of
the US dollar. Thank the government for that!

  cheers all

  christian legg