[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Using Tandy WP with Mac

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (06/25/91)

In article <81134@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v216yef2@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Geoffrey R Wright) writes:

> I bought a Tandy portable word processor a few years ago and would
> like to use it with a Mac if possible.  It uses a RS-232 port to
> transfer data to a PC.  Could somebody tell me if it will work with a
> Mac?  If so, what kind of communications package do I need on the Mac
> to get it to recognize the portable.  Thanks, Jed Wright

That depends on what you mean by "recognize the mac." Any comm program
can transfer data files. There is a product by a company in some Boston
suburb that will mount the WP-2 as a folder on the Mac. I think it's
called WPDuet, and the company is Cabuchon.

Michael Costello, Meeting Director * costello@world.std.com * 617-631-8188
     BCS*Mac  *  The Boston Computer Society Macintosh User Group

v216yef2@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Geoffrey R Wright) (06/25/91)

raoul@seattleu.edu (06/26/91)

v216yef2@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Geoffrey R Wright) writes:

> I bought a Tandy portable word processor a few years ago and would
> like to use it with a Mac if possible.  It uses a RS-232 port to
> transfer data to a PC.  Could somebody tell me if it will work with a
> Mac?  If so, what kind of communications package do I need on the Mac
> to get it to recognize the portable.  Thanks, Jed Wright

Use the built-in cmu. program on the Tandy and any cmu. program on the
Mac.  Add an null-modem cable (The IW I (only) cable will serve as a null
modem cable) and you will have it.
Jeff

--
  The 23:00 News and Mail Service - +1 206 292 9048 - Seattle, WA USA
                           PEP, V.32, V.42