[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Help: "... not enought Finder memory...".

hal@world.std.com (Harry A Levinson) (06/26/91)

I recently had to restore some files using HD Backup/Restore and when
I rebooted I got the message "There isn't enough Finder memory to
work with the disk "HARRY".  OK.

1. 	The Mac is SE/30 with 6.0.3 and 6.1.3 system and finder.
	5 Megabytes memory. 20 MB Drive.
2.	I deleted all of system folder and reinstalled system software
	and the system rebooted ok but when I selected multifinder
	then restarted, I got the same message.
3.	The restore I did put all the documents into the "root" folder
	and they are still there.
4.	"Get Info" says 160K for Finder application memory.
5.	About finder says 5+Mb total memory.
6.	The memory was upgraded last week from 1 Mb but had given no
	problems prior.

What gives?

Email responses would be fine.
harry levinson
hal@world.std.com

In article <1991Jun25.213931.13234@world.std.com> hal@world.std.com (Harry A Levinson) writes:
>I recently had to restore some files using HD Backup/Restore and when
>I rebooted I got the message "There isn't enough Finder memory to
>work with the disk "HARRY".  OK.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly.  The culprit was having to many files
 sitting in the "root" folder. After moving these everything was ok.  I also
could have enlarged the memory for finder via get info.

Again, much thanks.
harry