[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Info wanted on SCSI Scanners

dhg@sinix.UUCP (David Griffith) (06/25/91)

I am looking for information about scanners with a SCSI interface.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dave Griffiths

ph@ssd.kodak.com (Pete Hoch) (06/26/91)

dhg@sinix.UUCP (David Griffith) writes:

>I am looking for information about scanners with a SCSI interface.

>Does anyone have any recommendations?

>Thanks,

>Dave Griffiths

The Kodak 35mm Rapid Film Scanner has a SCSI interface.  I do not
know of any flat bed scanners that have SCSI.

Pete

--
Pete Hoch                         | ..somewhere..!kodak!ssd!bashow!ph   ..or..
Color Systems ISPD. 3/65/RL       | ph@ekcolorlink.ssd.kodak.com        ..or..

jchin@wimsey.bc.ca (Joseph Chin) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun26.144733.16835@ssd.kodak.com> ph@ssd.kodak.com (Pete Hoch) writes:
>dhg@sinix.UUCP (David Griffith) writes:
>
>>I am looking for information about scanners with a SCSI interface.
>
>>Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
>>Thanks,
>
>>Dave Griffiths
>

>The Kodak 35mm Rapid Film Scanner has a SCSI interface.  I do not
>know of any flat bed scanners that have SCSI.
>
>Pete
>
>--
>Pete Hoch                         | ..somewhere..!kodak!ssd!bashow!ph   ..or..
>Color Systems ISPD. 3/65/RL       | ph@ekcolorlink.ssd.kodak.com        ..or..
>Eastman Kodak Co. 	          | ph@bashow.ssd.kodak.com
>Rochester, NY 14650-1805          | 716-722-3285

HSD makes SCSI flatbed scanners for the Mac, NeXT, and Sun platforms. I have
a HSD Scan-X Professional 8-bit gray flatbed SCSI scanner connected to my
NeXT, and I am very satisfied with the quality and performance. The Scan-X
software is simply marvelous!

I don't work for HSD, just a very satisfied customer.

You can reach them at:
	(415)964-1400 (tell 'em Joe Chin from Wordcraft sent ya!)

:-) Joe

--
Joseph Chin                         Wordcraft Systems Corporation
jchin@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca           201-434 West 12th Avenue

ts@author.ecn.purdue.edu (Thomas Ruschak) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun26.144733.16835@ssd.kodak.com> ph@ssd.kodak.com (Pete Hoch) writes:
>dhg@sinix.UUCP (David Griffith) writes:
>
>>I am looking for information about scanners with a SCSI interface.
>
>>Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
>>Thanks,
>
>>Dave Griffiths
>

>The Kodak 35mm Rapid Film Scanner has a SCSI interface.  I do not
>know of any flat bed scanners that have SCSI.

	You can also get a SCSI add-on for the HP Scanjet scanner. We have it to
hook up to a Mac II, but I would imagine that you could hook it up to anything.
(It has a standard centronix-50pin connector, so I would guess it isn't just for
Macs, which I understand aren't always standard SCSI)

                                Thomas Ruschak
                                ts@author.ecn.purdue.edu
                                pur-ee!pc!ts

"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company" --- Ma Bell

dgiles@Apple.COM (Darren Giles) (06/28/91)

ts@author.ecn.purdue.edu (Thomas Ruschak) writes:
>ph@ssd.kodak.com (Pete Hoch) writes:
>>dhg@sinix.UUCP (David Griffith) writes:
>>
>>>I am looking for information about scanners with a SCSI interface.
>>>Does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>The Kodak 35mm Rapid Film Scanner has a SCSI interface.  I do not
>>know of any flat bed scanners that have SCSI.
>
>	You can also get a SCSI add-on for the HP Scanjet scanner. We have it to
>hook up to a Mac II, but I would imagine that you could hook it up to anything.
>(It has a standard centronix-50pin connector, so I would guess it isn't just for
>Macs, which I understand aren't always standard SCSI)

   I have a MicroTek 300ZS, which is a SCSI device, and works great on the
Mac.  It's 300dpi, 24bit, around $1800.  I understand they also have/will
have a 600 dpi version for something like 20% more.