[comp.sys.mac.hardware] comp.sys.mac.hardware

RBAUER@oregon.uoregon.edu (Robert Bauer) (03/27/90)

In article <9268.2604d1d9@amherst.bitnet>, mjmuller@amherst.bitnet writes:
> I'm trying to find a product for the Mac II that will
> disable the fan unless the Mac is heating up.  I've
> heard that such a product exists, but I don't know
> who makes it or where to find it.  Can anyone out there
> give me a pointer?

There's the NOVA fan controller for the II and IIx which varies the speed
of the fan depending on the temperature inside the case.  There are two
versions, one for the SONY and another for the SAZTEC power supplies that
are used.  Retail is just under $100 but Soft Solutions in Eugene, Oregon
sells them for 15% off.  They're at 907 River Rd #98, Eugene 97402
503/461-1136.

DISCLAIMER:  I do some work for Soft Solutions, but it's still 15% off...

chan@chansw.UUCP (Jerry H. Chan) (06/28/91)

Can anyone direct me to a source for scsi tape backup software / drivers
for SCSI tape units? I have a Wangtek which I use for my Unix system, and
would like use this tape unit to backup my Mac.

Thanks in advance.
--
Jerry Chan 508-853-0747, Fax 508-853-2262  |"My views necessarily reflect the
Chan Smart!Ware Computer Services & Prods  | views of the Company because