[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 8-port serial card w/handshake

urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) (06/29/91)

I am looking for an 8-port serial Nubus card with drivers for A/UX and full
RS232 handshake lines (i.e. capable of doing hardware handshake and still
having modem signalling available).

I got one reference to the Digiboard Nu8i card but couldn't find out the
address of the manufacturer or any mail order company that might carry it.

Any pointers are appreciated; as customary in these circumstances, the card
is needed for an urgent project and must be installed by yesterday. :-(

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs@smurf.sub.org -- urlichs@smurf.ira.uka.de     /(o\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49-721-621127(0700-2330)   \o)/

alexis@panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) (06/29/91)

urlichs@smurf.sub.org (Matthias Urlichs) writes:
>I am looking for an 8-port serial Nubus card with drivers for A/UX and full
>RS232 handshake lines (i.e. capable of doing hardware handshake and still
>having modem signalling available).
>
>I got one reference to the Digiboard Nu8i card but couldn't find out the
>address of the manufacturer or any mail order company that might carry it.

I've mentioned it several times here. You can email to merlyn@digiboard.com
(perhaps it's digibd.com? Try both) for details. If you can't seem to get
in touch mail me and I'll fish out their USmail address.

>Any pointers are appreciated; as customary in these circumstances, the card
>is needed for an urgent project and must be installed by yesterday. :-(

Unfortunately, as Jeff Mann posted recently, that board still has BAD problems
with A/UX 2.0.1. It crashes daily. Last I heard, it hadn't been fixed yet.

If the situation has changed I'm sure Jeff or Brian (from Digiboard) will
say so.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NYC
alexis@panix.com
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis