[comp.object] Distribution for comp.object

eberard@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Berard) (10/10/89)

Folks,

I am already receiving mail asking about mailing lists, bulletin
boards, distribution to *net, and other ways of accessing the contents
of comp.object. It seems that the entire world is not on usenet (1/2
:-)).

If there are any of you who can provide the contents of comp.object in
a non-usenet-newsgroup form, e.g., via mailing lists, digests,
bulletin boards, etc., to those who do not have easy access to usenet,
could you please make yourselves known (at least to me). Thanks.

				-- Ed Berard
				   Phone: (301) 353-9652
				   FAX:   (301) 353-9272

Recently, I wrote:
> If there are any of you who can provide the contents of comp.object in
> a non-usenet-newsgroup form, e.g., via mailing lists, digests,
> bulletin boards, etc., to those who do not have easy access to usenet,
> could you please make yourselves known (at least to me). Thanks.

Since then I have received two messages:

Please add me to the comp.object list.
By the way, do you know whether there is (will be) a BITNET
distribution service?
 H.  L U D W I G    H A U S E N     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.                                   Telephone +49-2241-14-2440 or 2426
. GMD Schloss Birlinghoven          Telefax   +49-2241-14-2618 or 2889
. D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1           Teletex   2627-224135=GMD VV
.        West  GERMANY              Telex     8 89 469 gmd d
.                                   E-mail    hausen@dbngmd21.BITNET
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.    GMD (Gesellschaft fuer Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung)
.    German National Research Institute for Computer Science

Someone else was kind enough to make the following offer:

If a volunteer steps forward who is on a Unix machine, I have some
excellent news/mail gatewaying software they can have.

                                -- Ed Berard
                                   Phone: (301) 353-9652
                                   FAX:   (301) 353-9272