[comp.object] Query: persistent objects, source code and/or references?

sdr@Alliant.COM (Stephen D. Rogers) (10/27/89)

I am interested in obtaining sample source code involving the management
of persistent objects and object-oriented databases.

If you have any source code that you would be willing to offer, please
contact me via e-mail.  Source code in any programming language would be
useful.

Also, if you are interested in hearing about whatever I discover, please
contact me via e-mail.  If there is enough interest, I will post a
summary.

I have a number of papers which discuss persistent objects, but if you
have any particular favorites, I would be interested in hearing about
them, too.

Thanks.

--
Stephen D. Rogers		srogers@graphics.alliant.com
Alliant Computer Systems	voice:	(508)486-4844

jwd@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (joseph.w.davison) (10/28/89)

In article <3500@alliant.Alliant.COM> srogers@graphics.alliant.com (Stephen D. Rogers) writes:
>I am interested in obtaining sample source code involving the management
>of persistent objects and object-oriented databases.
>I have a number of papers which discuss persistent objects, but if you
>have any particular favorites, I would be interested in hearing about
>them, too.

  I just found the following, with source code listings:

	"Persistent Objects" by Charles-A. Rovira, in
	Dr. Dobb's Macintosh Journal, Fall 1989, on some
	newsstands now.

  The source code is in Smalltalk/Vmac -- it doesn't deal with
method storage  (at least I don't think it does).

--
 Joe Davison      jwd@ihlts.att.com