[comp.object] How to Get OOPSLA Proceedings

eberard@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Berard) (10/15/89)

I have been contacted by several people, all asking how they might
obtain copies of the Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages,
ana Applications (OOPSLA) proceedings. OOPSLA is organized under the
auspices of the Special Interest Group for Programming Languages
(SIGPLAN) within the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). The
proceedings for OOPSLA '86, OOPSLA '87, OOPSLA '88, and OOPSLA '89 may
be ordered directly from the ACM:

	Association for Computing Machinery
	11 West 42nd Street
	New York, New York 10036
	Phone: (212) 869-7440
	Telex: 421686
	FAX:   (212) 869-0481

The ACM also has quite a few overseas agents (e.g., in many European
Countries, Japan, and Australia). When you contact them, be sure to
ask for a copy of their 1989 Publication Catalog.

				-- Ed Berard
				   (301) 353-9652

campbell@redsox.bsw.com (Larry Campbell) (10/16/89)

If you subscribe to SIGPLAN Notices (it's a checkoff on your ACM membership
form) you get OOPSLA for free.

You *are* a member of ACM, aren't you???
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell@bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street

vilot@asd.dec.com (Michael J. Vilot ZKO3-2/S11 DTN 381-2837 25-Oct-1989 1056) (10/26/89)

I called the ACM at the New York number Ed supplied.
They referred me to the following number:
	(800)342-6626
Who can, indeed, take orders *FOR ACM MEMBERS ONLY*
For non-members, order directly from Addison Wesley:
	(800)447-2226
This ``policy commences with the '89 OOPSLA proceedings'' (!?)

Mike Vilot			Currently consulting at:
ObjectWare, Inc	       		vilot@asd.enet.dec.com
Nashua NH 03062    		(603)881-4729

jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton) (10/27/89)

In article <8910251957.AA06950@decwrl.dec.com> vilot@asd.dec.com (Michael J. Vilot ZKO3-2/S11 DTN 381-2837  25-Oct-1989 1056) writes:
>I called the ACM at the New York number Ed supplied.
>They referred me to the following number:
>	(800)342-6626
>Who can, indeed, take orders *FOR ACM MEMBERS ONLY*
>For non-members, order directly from Addison Wesley:
>	(800)447-2226
>This ``policy commences with the '89 OOPSLA proceedings'' (!?)

Unfortunately, 800 munbers cannot be called from the UK.  I suspect
other countries may have the same problem.  (Whenever I say this,
someone's sure to say "you have to use the country prefix".  I've
tried that and also talked to operators in the UK.  As far as I
can discover, it really is impossible.)

-- Jeff

vilot@asd.dec.com (Michael J. Vilot) (10/31/89)

Jeff Dalton pointed out that 800 numbers are useless outside the US (and
Canada?)  Here are the ``normal'' numbers.
ACM members:  (301)528-4261  [ACM Ordering in Maryland]
Non-members:  (617)944-3700  [Addison Wesley in Massachussets]