[comp.object] Object Oriented Analysis - Help!

garym@ulysses.UUCP (Gary Murphy) (11/07/89)

In article <469f2dbd.17e7e@tiger.UUCP> sheppards@tiger.UUCP (Scott Sheppard) writes:
>When I was in kindergarten, we had a little game too. It was called
>"find the object that does not belong." It went something like this:
>
>Question:  apple, orange, banana, pear, animator
>Answer:    animator                                           :-)
>[ some options deleted ]
>So given these two possibilities, the animator object seems out of place.
>--
>Scott Sheppard

Maybe it's just a case of bad nomenclature:  the object missing is
the 'clock', which some suits might call an 'animator'.

From the problem described, I'd expect the 'clock' to notify the others
to change state, which would include telling the cannon that a 'fire'
order is queued or to tell the projectile to add another set of force
vectors.  I'd also expect the 'cannon' and 'projectile' to both send
their messages to a 'console_display'.

--
Gary Murphy                   decvax!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!cognos!garym
                              (garym%cognos.uucp@uunet.uu.net)