[comp.object] Objective-C request

a_dent@vaxa.uwa.oz (11/17/89)

In article <1229@quando.UUCP>, gans@quando.UUCP (Ralf Peter Gans) writes:

> How and where do I get Objective-C without bying a Cube ?

On the Mac, try THINK C version 4 - it supposedly follows the Objective C
extensions and includes some nifty class libraries (I haven't gotten far
enough into either to see where it diverges).

Andy Dent

wrs@apple.com (Walter Smith) (11/18/89)

Sorry, I couldn't get mail to either of these people, but perhaps this
should be posted anyway...

In article <1377.25646228@vaxa.uwa.oz> you write:
> In article <1229@quando.UUCP>, gans@quando.UUCP (Ralf Peter Gans) writes:
> >
> > How and where do I get Objective-C without bying a Cube ?
> >
> On the Mac, try THINK C version 4 - it supposedly follows the Objective C
> extensions and includes some nifty class libraries (I haven't gotten far
> enough into either to see where it diverges).

Actually, THINK C 4.0 has nothing at all to do with Objective-C (other
than the C part, of course).  It is more like a subset of C++ (but not
really that, either).  It does, however, have some nifty class libraries.

Objective-C comes from The Stepstone Corporation; call 800-289-6253 or 203-426-1875 and I'm sure they'll tell you all you want to know.

- Walt

--
Walter Smith                            wrs@apple.com, apple!wrs
Apple Computer, Inc.                    (408) 974-5892