Date:     Tue, 7 Nov 89 14:41 N
From: <ISADER%HHEOUH50.BITNET@VMA.CC.CMU.EDU>
Subject:  comp.object ?
To: eberard@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu

Hello !

Some time has passed since the final results of the call for votes
were published. I assume that in the meantime comp.object has been
created in Usenet.

But here at bitnet we don't hear anything of it. Are there any plans
to gateway comp.object to a mailing list on a listserver on bitnet?
A similar thing has been done for the AIX mailing list.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Derk

Derk Ederveen      FB/RC/T&E    MK 033         e-mail:
isader@hheouh53.bitnet
Open Universiteit, Valkenburgerweg 176         tel:           +31/0
45-762301
P.O. Box 2960,     NL-6401 DL  Heerlen         telex 56559     telefax
711486
------E-------S-------P-------E-------R-------A-------N-------T-------O------
private:       De Heugden 160, NL-6411 DR  Heerlen,      tel: +31/0
45-740103
admin. IJK 89: Postbus    528, NL-6200 AM  Maastricht    SPACO POR
REKLAMO !!

and

To: eberard@AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 89 14:08:56 +0900
From: Rik Fischer Smoody <riks@csl.sony.jp>

has not come to Japan yet.

I've seen mention of comp.object in other places, so I strongly
suspect it exists already.

Maybe you know the net guru's there well enough to find out what's the
holdup.  It's just hard sucking on the end of a 10Mm (mega-meter)
garden hose... we checked at several of the big gateway nodes in Japan
and as yet have seen nothing.

Has Carla Hills held secret meetings with you to convince you
that it is better to try to hold us Japanese back than to improve
software productivity for everyone?  8-)

Cheers,
Rik

If anyone would like to set up an alternative distribution mechanism,
please let me know. Thanks.

				-- Ed Berard