[comp.object] ET++ - An Object-Oriented Application Framework in C++

zrjm03@apctrc.trc.amoco.com (Bob J. Mars) (01/18/90)

I'm interesting in getting information on ET++.  Has any been posted to either
of these news groups or others?  Or, if you know anything about ET++, please
post it.  Thx.

  All interstellar communication is solely my own.
  zrjm03@apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!zrjm03

lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) (01/20/90)

In article <1348@apctrc.UUCP> zrjm03@apctrc.trc.amoco.com (Bob J. Mars) writes:
>I'm interesting in getting information on ET++.  Has any been posted to either
>of these news groups or others?  Or, if you know anything about ET++, please
>post it.  Thx.

In "Structured Programming" Vol 10 #2 (may #3?) there is an informative
article on the architecture of ET++ written by the authors (whose names I've
forgotten). It was written in the original C++ (single inheritance only),
has some similarity to MacApp (R) (though better IMHO :), and ran on a Sun
(if memory serves me right). BTW, it was developed at the University of
Zuerich. The original 1.0 version is probably available via ftp from somewhere.

Maybe there's someone out there who can tell us more?

--
Chuck Lins               | "Exit left to funway."
Apple Computer, Inc.     | Internet: lins@apple.com

bs@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Bob Shaw) (01/20/90)

While we're on the subject of ET++ ...

Has anyone been running ET++ on anything other than Suns?  The authors comment
that a port to A/UX is underway.  Are they done and are there other hosts?

Are there any people developing substantial applications using ET++?

    Thanks,

    Bob Shaw,  HP Labs

    bs@hplabs.hp.com