[comp.object] Self - What's the current status

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (08/25/90)

	What is the current status of the Self language?
	It was really popular a couple of months ago.  Have there been
	any more papers written about it?

	-----Dale
		Rogerson-----

hoelzle@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Urs Hoelzle) (08/26/90)

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) writes:

>	What is the current status of the Self language?
>	It was really popular a couple of months ago.  Have there been
>	any more papers written about it?

>	-----Dale
>		Rogerson-----

The first public version of Self (running on Sun-3s and Sun-4s) was
released about a month ago.  The system's documentation and a
collection of papers on Self are available via anonymous ftp
(directory /pub) from otis.stanford.edu (36.22.0.201).  The binaries
are also available free of charge, but you have to sign a license
agreement (see the file README on otis).

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (08/28/90)

In article <1990Aug25.195315.975@Neon.Stanford.EDU> hoelzle@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Urs Hoelzle) writes:
>The first public version of Self (running on Sun-3s and Sun-4s) was
>released about a month ago.  The system's documentation and a
>collection of papers on Self are available via anonymous ftp
>(directory /pub) from otis.stanford.edu (36.22.0.201).  The binaries
>are also available free of charge, but you have to sign a license
>agreement (see the file README on otis).

	Could some kind soul please mail me these papers?
	I can not ftp from my current location.

	Thanks...
	-----Dale
		Rogerson-----