[comp.object] IE vs. OOD

cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (Andrew M. Cohill) (08/31/90)

Ron Shultz has argued that OO development is not a replacement for
life-cycle methodologies like information engineering, and I tend to
agree.

I am not sure that I agree with his perception that everyone in this
group sees it as a complete development life-cycle technology.

My own view of it is that it replaces a bunch of development techniques
in the life cycle, but that you still need a theoretical/practical
framework that allows for things like user interface considerations,
management perogatives, market forces, and other exogenous factors that
affect development but are not part of *software* design and
implementation.
--
|          ...we have to look for routes of power our teachers never
|              imagined, or were encouraged to avoid.   T. Pynchon
|Andy Cohill         cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu  VPI&SU
|703/231-7855
Newsgroups: poster
Subject: Re: OO vs. Information Engineering

Ron Schultz has argued that OO development is not competitive with other
techniques like information engineering, and I would tend to agree, but

From: cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (Andrew M. Cohill)
Newsgroups: comp.object
Subject: Re:  IE vs. OOD