[comp.object] Concurrent OOPLs - experiences anyone?

jungclau@infbs.UUCP (Ralf Jungclaus) (08/31/90)

Dear netters,

we are about to start a project involving true concurrent objects in a
distributed environment.
Does anybody out there have experience with concurrent OOPL systems? As far
as I know, only research prototypes are available yet (ABCL/1,
ConcurrentSmalltalk, Orient/84K, POOL-T).

Any experiences/pointers to other systems/points of contact are welcome.
Please e-mail me, I'll summarize if desired. Thanks in advance,

Ralf Jungclaus

   Database Group, Technical Univ. Braunschweig, Pf 3329, D-3300 Braunschweig
   Voice: +49-(0)531-391-3273   jungclau@infbs.uucp   jungclau@dbsinf6.bitnet

matsu@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (MATSUOKA Satoshi) (09/12/90)

In article <1880@infbs.UUCP> jungclau@infbs.UUCP (Ralf Jungclaus) writes:

 >Does anybody out there have experience with concurrent OOPL systems? As far
 >as I know, only research prototypes are available yet (ABCL/1,
 >ConcurrentSmalltalk, Orient/84K, POOL-T).
 >
 >Any experiences/pointers to other systems/points of contact are welcome.
 >Please e-mail me, I'll summarize if desired. Thanks in advance,

Hi, I am Satoshi Matsuoka, currently a member of the ABCL project
group now at the Department of Information Science, the University of
Tokyo. We currently have a prototype version of ABCL/1 available via
anonymous ftp at camille.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (133.11.12.1). We are also
working on a distributed version to run on

	1. shared-memory architectures,
	2. hypercube architectures (Intel IPSC/2),
	3. and LAN-connected workstations.

If you need details, contact Takuo Watanabe (takuo@is.s.u-tokyo),
Yuuji Ichisugi (ichisugi@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp), or me
(matsu@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)

					Satoshi Matsuoka
					Research Faculty
					Dept. of Information Science
					The University of Tokyo
E-mail:	matsu@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
(If above fails then try matsu%is.s.u-tokyo.junet@relay.cs.net)
Physical mail: 7-3-1 Bunkyo-ku, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan 113
Office: +81-3-812-2111 ex. 4108 (8:30-18:00 JST)
Direct line to lab., automatically switches audio/fax: +81-3-5689-4365