[comp.object] Intro to OO

pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (10/24/90)

>In article <975@tredysvr.Tredydev.Unisys.COM> paul@tredysvr.Tredydev.Unisys.COM (Paul Siu) writes:
>|Hi, I am trying to understand the concept of Object Oriented Programming.
>|If possible, the book or magazine should have the following:
>|
>|     1. General, I don't want a book to teach me C++, or Smalltalk.
>|        I want to understand OOP, I am not sure I want to program in it yet.
>
>Most OOPL books are written by one or another language fanatics.  For a book
>that is relatively language neutral see:
>
>Try Booch's "Object Oriented Design"

Peter Wegner has put out several papers on intro to OO.  A new journal under
the sigplan realm call OOPS Messenger just came out this week.  The whole
first issue is a paper written by Wegner (actually its a combination of three
that I have from him already).  It contains basic terminilogy and some
advanced stuff but it is pretty comprehensive.
Hope this helps.

| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb@swamp.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |