[comp.object] Ed Berard's Articles

bll@seer.UUCP (Brad Lanam) (10/30/90)

    Many thanks to those who have helped flesh out my collection
of Ed Berard's articles.  I have set up a mail server so that
you'all can get at them.  I am not on the internet, nor do I have
ftp access.

    The mail server can be reached at "pyramid!unisoft!seer!mail-server".
Or you could try "seer%mail-server@unisoft.com" (do I have the args around
the % in the right place?).

    Give the mail server the following info:

path <your-return-path>
send OOP/EBerard/references
send <filename>
.
.
end

    I am running smail 3.1.18 and prefer that you supply a path so as
to keep my neighbor's uunet bills down.  If you have troubles getting
a reply, please let me know.

    You must specify the full path in the "send" command.  It is case
sensitive.

    Enjoy.

-- Brad

--
Until the next disk seek...
   -- Brad Lanam    ...!uunet!{seeker|unisoft}!seer!bll    bll@seer.uucp

    The articles I have at this time are:

#
# Object Oriented articles by Ed Berard et al
#

# Re: Open Letter to OODBMS Vendors
OOP/EBerard/dbms-2		 (9K)

# Open Letter to OODBMS Vendors
OOP/EBerard/dbms-letter		 (9K)

# Re: programming design methodologies for object-oriented programming
OOP/EBerard/design-2		 (9K)

# Object-Oriented Design: An Introduction
OOP/EBerard/design-intro	 (25K)

# Object-Oriented Domain Analysis: An Introduction
OOP/EBerard/domain-intro	 (28K)

# Evaluating "Object-Oriented" Programming Languages
OOP/EBerard/evaluate		 (45K)

# Re: Evaluating "Object-Oriented" Programming Languages
OOP/EBerard/evaluate-2		 (11K)

# Re: Evaluating "Object-Oriented" Programming Languages
OOP/EBerard/evaluate-3		 (4K)

# Understanding the Object-Oriented Life-Cycle
OOP/EBerard/life-cycle		 (19K)

# A Closer Look At the Recursive/Parallel (OO) Life-Cycle
OOP/EBerard/life-cycle-2	 (26K)

# Re: A Closer Look At the Recursive/Parallel (OO) Life-Cycle
OOP/EBerard/life-cycle-3	 (2K)

# Object-Oriented Methodologies
OOP/EBerard/method		 (19K)

# Motivation for an OO Approach (Very Long)
OOP/EBerard/motive		 (56K)

# Re: C++, Object Design Methodologies and Software Engineering
OOP/EBerard/re-oo-methods	 (9K)

# Readings In Object-Oriented Technology
OOP/EBerard/readings		 (13K)

# Re: References wanted
OOP/EBerard/references		 (4K)

# Object-Oriented Requirements Analysis: An Introduction
OOP/EBerard/req-analysis	 (25K)

# Creation of, Conversion to, OO Requirements
OOP/EBerard/req-conversion	 (43K)

# Issues in the Testing of Object-Oriented Software
OOP/EBerard/test-issues		 (43K)

# What is "object-oriented ..."
OOP/EBerard/whatis		 (26K)

# Re: object-oriented this, that, and the other thing
OOP/Weiner/this-n-that		 (3K)
--

bll@seer.UUCP (Brad Lanam) (11/02/90)

In article <669@seer.UUCP> bll@seer.UUCP (Brad Lanam) writes:
>                          I am not on the internet, nor do I have
>ftp access.

 [...]

>to keep my neighbor's uunet bills down.

    Could somebody who has snarfed the Ed Berard articles make them
available via ftp?  Or could somebody who can make the articles available
via ftp snarf the articles?  It would sure take a load off my neighboring
machines uunet bills.  It's simply too much of a load for us little sites.

    I will attempt to get out the articles to those who have requested them.
Many of the requests seem to be bouncing.  If you haven't gotten your articles,
send me mail at seer!bll.

-- Brad
--
Until the next disk seek...
   -- Brad Lanam    ...!uunet!{seeker|unisoft}!seer!bll    bll@seer.uucp

naito@casp5.cis.canon.co.jp (Naito Hiroshi) (11/09/90)

Hello. I'm very interested in comp.object's discussions about OOA/OOD.
I believe that OOA/OOD is the key technology by which OO Paradigm will
be made change from ART to Engineering.

In article <669@seer.UUCP> bll@seer.UUCP (Brad Lanam) writes:

 >     Many thanks to those who have helped flesh out my collection
 > of Ed Berard's articles.  I have set up a mail server so that
 > you'all can get at them.  I am not on the internet, nor do I have
 > ftp access.
 >
 >     The mail server can be reached at "pyramid!unisoft!seer!mail-server".
 > Or you could try "seer%mail-server@unisoft.com" (do I have the args around
 > the % in the right place?).

I want to read Ed Berard's articles about OO Technology, but the above
address "seer%mail-server.unisoft.com" is wrong, so the following mail
were returned back.

	From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@unisoft.com>
   	Date: Thu, 8 Nov 90 04:21:43 -0800
	Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail

	554 mail-server.unisoft.com!seer... Local Domain Unknown

Please tell me the right address of mail server.

Thanks.

--
			       \author{Hiroshi Naito\\
			       Information Systems Research Center, CANON INC.}