[comp.object] References on Trellis owl: Summary

naren@cs.UAlberta.CA (Narendra Ravi) (11/27/90)

A lot of people expressed interest in the responses to my query
on Trellis/OWl.

So far I received only one reply in response to my request
on Trellis/OWL.  Thanks to Dr. Eliot Moss.

> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 90 17:55:10 EST
> From: moss@cs.umass.edu (Eliot Moss)
> Subject: References on Trellis/OWL
>
> I used to work for the Trellis/Owl group as a consultant and still maintain
> contact with them. (Some of my code may even appear deep in the guts of the
> product!) Here's what I have in my bibliography database; I make no claim of
> completeness -- only utility.
>
> @INPROCEEDINGS{MK87,
>     AUTHOR = "J. Eliot B. Moss and Walter H. Kohler",
>     TITLE = "Concurrency Features for the {Trellis/Owl} Language",
>     BOOKTITLE = ecoop,
>     EDITOR = "J. B\'{e}zivin and J.-M. Hullot and P. Cointe and H. Lieberman",
>     ADDRESS = "Paris, France",
>     MONTH = jun,
>     YEAR = 1987,
>     SERIES = lncs,
>     VOLUME = 276,
>     PUBLISHER = "{Springer-Verlag}",
>     PAGES = "171--180"
> }
> @INPROCEEDINGS{SCB85,
>     AUTHOR = "Craig Schaffert and Topher Cooper and Bruce Bullis and Mike Kilian and Carrie Wilpolt",
>     TITLE = "An Introduction to {Trellis/Owl}",
>     BOOKTITLE = oopsla,
>     ORGANIZATION = acm,
>     ADDRESS = "Portland, OR",
>     MONTH = sep,
>     YEAR = 1986,
>     SERIES = sigplan,
>     VOLUME = "21(11)",
>     PAGES = "9--16"
> }
>
> I know there was an article in one of the IEEE glossy magazines (Computer,
> most likely), and they could probably send you a User's manual or Reference
> manual.
>
> Cheers!                             Eliot Moss
>
>         J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
>         Department of Computer and Information Science
>         Lederle Graduate Research Center
>         University of Massachusetts
>         Amherst, MA  01003
>         (413) 545-4206; Moss@cs.umass.edu

Dr. Moss gave the following address of the Trellis/Owl group
at DEC.

> schaffert@crl.dec.com, halbert@crl.dec.com, obrien@pbsvax.enet.dec.com.

Naren.
* Narendra Ravi                  * 615, General Services Building,    *
* Email : naren@cs.ualberta.ca   * Department of Computing Science    *
*       : naren@alberta.UUCP     * University of Alberta              *
* Tel   : (403) 492-3520 (Off)   * Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA T6G 2H1  *