[comp.object] Classification Schemes for Classes

chrisv@runx.oz.au (Chris Velevitch) (02/08/91)

Does anyone know any good references on how to classify things? It doesn't
need to be explicitly for object oriented analysis, as it seems to me
classifying things is something that has been done for quite a while in
other disciplines, e.g. biology. I want to know what everyone else is using
that they feel has been helpful.

--
Chris Velevitch
RUNX Unix Timeshare    | Internet: chrisv@runxtsa.runx.oz.au

hsrender@happy.colorado.edu (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb8.035529.5997@runx.oz.au>, chrisv@runx.oz.au (Chris Velevitch) writes:

> Does anyone know any good references on how to classify things? It doesn't
> need to be explicitly for object oriented analysis, as it seems to me
> classifying things is something that has been done for quite a while in
> other disciplines, e.g. biology. I want to know what everyone else is using
> that they feel has been helpful.

"The Object-Oriented Classification Paradigm" by Peter Wegner.  Technical
Report No. CS-87-13, June 1987, Brown University, Dept of Computer Science,
Providence, Rhode Island, 02912.

Hope this is helpful.

hal.