[comp.object] IRIS prototype availability?

bernus@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (504) (02/12/91)

Does anyone know if the IRIS OODBMS is available either as an
experimental tool/ prototype (which would also be fine) or as a product?

Peter Bernus
bernus@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au

mto@gte.com (Tamer Ozsu) (02/12/91)

In article <7262@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> bernus@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>Does anyone know if the IRIS OODBMS is available either as an
>experimental tool/ prototype (which would also be fine) or as a product?

Yes, I believe it is being marketed as a product. You may want to
contact your HP representative or here's the address of the manager of
that project. I believe he has now moved higher up in the
administrative structure of HP labs, but he should be able to direct
you to the right contact:
Daniel Fishman
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
1501 Page Mull Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304.

==Tamer

--
M. Tamer Ozsu				Telephone:	(617) 466-2098
GTE Laboratories			      Fax:	(617) 290-0628