[comp.object] Need references on computer agents

ski2@milton.u.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) (03/04/91)

Hi,

I am looking for any refeences on the concept of computer agents.
By computer agents I am refering to the concept that Alan Kay has
of a agent that acts for the user within the computer that was
mentioned in the feb issue of Byte (article is Dynabook revisited).
Appreciate all the help.

Ski2@u.washington.edu
--
Chris 'ski' Kacoroski	"When we try to pick out anything by itself
8911 Linden Ave N      	 we find it connected to the entire universe"

wlp@calmasd.Prime.COM (Walter L. Peterson, Jr.) (03/07/91)

In article <17591@milton.u.washington.edu> ski2@milton.u.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for any refeences on the concept of computer agents.

Fenton, Jay & Kent Beck, "Playground: An Object-Oriented Simultion
System with Agent Rules for Children of All Ages", OOPSLA89

Adams, Sam S. & Abdul K. Nabi, "Neural Agents - A Frame of Mind",
OOPSLA89

Block, F.P. & N.C. Chan, "An Extended Fame Language", OOPSLA89