[net.followup] Where the socks go from the dryer...

sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) (06/23/84)

Of course, they end up in the hozone.

(I can't take credit for this one. It was in the Toronto Star recently,
in an article on words that society needs.  Another is "furbling", meaning
that meaningless activity you do when you wander through the zig-zag
of ropes at the bank even though there are no other customers there.)

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (06/25/84)

In article <2736@watcgl.UUCP> sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) writes:
>(I can't take credit for this one. It was in the Toronto Star recently,
>in an article on words that society needs. ...)

These words ("hozone" and "furbling") come from  @i(Sniglets) (n. Any
word that should be in the dictionary, but isn't), which is spin-off
book from the HBO comedy series "Not Necessarily the News." I sure hope
that the @i(Toronto Star) attributed it, even though you didn't.
--
			Barry Margolin
			ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics