[comp.object] ORION database

gt4084c@prism.gatech.EDU (SRINIVASAN,K) (04/15/91)

Is the ORION database developed at MCC available commercially or as a beta version?

We will be really glad to hear any comments on GEMSTONE and ONTOS oodbs.

Thanks.

--
SRINIVASAN,K
School of Textile Engineering   Georgia Tech.

ian@rathe.cs.umn.edu (Ian Hogg) (04/18/91)

In article <26328@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4084c@prism.gatech.EDU (SRINIVASAN,K) writes:
>Is the ORION database developed at MCC available commercially or as a beta version?

  Orion is commercially available as the Itasca OODBMS (or something like that)
  from Itasca in Bloomington, Minnesota.  I don't have an address or number
  on me right now.  If you can't find it let me know.

>We will be really glad to hear any comments on GEMSTONE and ONTOS oodbs.
>
>Thanks.

  You may want to check out ObjectStore from ObjectDesign, Burlington, MA.

>--
>SRINIVASAN,K
>School of Textile Engineering   Georgia Tech.
>uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt4084c
>ARPA: gt4084c@prism.gatech.edu

--
Ian Hogg                        email:  ian@rathe.cs.umn.edu
                                        ...!umn-cs!rathe!ian

edwardj@microsoft.UUCP (Edward JUNG) (04/23/91)

gt4084c@prism.gatech.EDU (SRINIVASAN,K) writes:
>Is the ORION database developed at MCC available commercially or as a beta version?

Itasca Systems, Inc. ships the ITASCA Distributed Object Database
Management System, which is based upon ORION research prototypes
developed by MCC.

  ITASCA SYSTEMS, INC.
  2850 Metro Drive
  Suite 300
  Minneapolis, MN 55425
  (612) 851-3156
  Attn: Bill Hoffman

This is from their OOPSLA '90 information.

--
Edward Jung
Microsoft Corp.

My opinions do not reflect any policy of my employer.