[comp.object] OO assembly

ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu (Eric C. Olson) (05/29/91)

I was just reading about a Berkeley, CA company that has a product
that is written in what they call an object oriented assembler.  This
idea has intrigued me for a long time.  Has anyone come across such a
beast?  Or is this a well known dead end?

Thanks,
Eric
--
Eric
ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu

barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (05/29/91)

ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu (Eric C. Olson) writes:

>I was just reading about a Berkeley, CA company that has a product
>that is written in what they call an object oriented assembler.  This
>idea has intrigued me for a long time.  Has anyone come across such a
>beast?  Or is this a well known dead end?

>Thanks,
>Eric
>--
>Eric
>ericco@ssl.berkeley.edu

I read where the Windows 3.0 competitor (Ensemble?) was written in a
home-brew OO assembler, hence the small kernel and incredible speed. I also
remember reading where they might release it as a product.

barry

I reserve the right to be wrong.

| Barry B. Floyd                   \\\       barry_floyd@mts.rpi.edu |
| Manager Information Systems - HR    \\\          usere9w9@rpitsmts |