[net.followup] net.general becomes net.kitchen_sink

labelle@hplabsc.UUCP (WB6YZZ La Belle) (06/22/84)

      And articles like this belong here in net.followup-TURKEY!!!!!

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (06/23/84)

I just finished reading net.general here.
It is filled with complete randomness.
I only saw one or two articles which were of general interest to
everyone.

Perhaps it is time to rethink the usefulness of net.general.  I haven't
unsubscribed yet, but I suppose I will if the randomnews (new word!)
continues.
--
Those who know me have no need for my name.

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{decvax!genrad, eagle!mit-vax, allegra!banyan, whuxle, ihnp4}!mit-eddie!gds

jcz@ncsu.UUCP (John Carl Zeigler) (06/25/84)

Does anyone anywhere know of one single topic
that would be of (general) interest to the
ENTIRE Usenet community????   Aw, comm'on!!!!
(aside from 'end of the world' announcements
and troop movement6s, of course)

Why are all these tears being spilt over
the inevitable demise of net.general????

Newsgroups survive by being popular, interesting
and/or useful.   Net.general has outlived its
usefulness.   Go ahead, post what you like,
net.general belongs to those who read it.

I think I will unsubscribe, though.
It seems to me that people who think they can
possibly say something of interest to the
whole world, and who demand a clear channel just
for the occasion, are very vain.

John Carl Zeigler
North Carolina State University