[comp.object] Seeking Oberon for MS-DOS

tomr@dbase.a-t.com (Tom Rombouts) (06/15/91)

Pardon me if this is a frequent post.  I am seeking some form of
Oberon for MS-DOS.  The pc/programming directory of the "garbo"
mail server (mailserv@garbo.uwasa.fi) contains the following line:

  oberonm.exe  Oberon-M v1.0 for MS-DOS complete compiler

However, I can not get it by mail - I suspect it is too large a
file.  (btw, "garbo" apparently echos much of cica.cica.indiana.edu)

Is anyone out there familiar with this?  Shareware? PD? Demo?
Is there another source to get it from?  (non-FTP preferred,
including mail order, if nothing else.)  If it matters, I have more of
an academic interest, rather than intending to use if for real work.

Thanks in advance.  I will summarize if need be.

Tom Rombouts  Ashton-Tate Product Development  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com

gened@techbook.com (Gene Daniel) (06/16/91)

tomr@dbase.a-t.com (Tom Rombouts) writes:

>Pardon me if this is a frequent post.  I am seeking some form of
>Oberon for MS-DOS.  The pc/programming directory of the "garbo"
>mail server (mailserv@garbo.uwasa.fi) contains the following line:

>  oberonm.exe  Oberon-M v1.0 for MS-DOS complete compiler
>
>However, I can not get it by mail - I suspect it is too large a
>file.  (btw, "garbo" apparently echos much of cica.cica.indiana.edu)

>Is anyone out there familiar with this?  Shareware? PD? Demo?
>Is there another source to get it from?  (non-FTP preferred,
>including mail order, if nothing else.)  If it matters, I have more of
>an academic interest, rather than intending to use if for real work.

>Thanks in advance.  I will summarize if need be.

>Tom Rombouts  Ashton-Tate Product Development  tomr@ashtate.A-T.com

Oberon-M was just recently posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc. You can also
find it on Simtel20. Simtel's mail server will send it to you.

--
gened@techbook.COM  ...!{tektronix!nosun,uunet}techbook!gened
Public Access UNIX at (503) 644-8135 (1200/2400) Voice: +1 503 646-8257