[comp.object] Stupid Postings

harry@wsl.ie (Henry M. Moreau on wsl) (06/13/91)

In article <sherman.675137573@foster> sherman@unx.sas.com (Chris Sherman) writes:
>	[a variety of spurious and nonsensical counters to Peter Kriens
>	 original posting]

I appreciate that Mr. Sherman is entitled to his opinions and it may be that
his posting was intended to be taken in a humourous way, but this is not
the way it read.

Amongst a lot of "I'm so much smarter than you" posturing, he commits the
most grave news insult of all - correcting a non english speaking person's
grammar.

Please Mr. Sherman, before you post again, do the following:-

1.	Ensure that your arguments are relevant and not simply quips.
2.	Before you criticise (sic - I'm a European too) the way others
	express themselves look at their addresses.
3.	If you find on analysis that you really don't have anything sensible
	to say - forget it.

mathew@mantis.co.uk (Giving C News a *HUG*) (06/14/91)

harry@wsl.ie (Henry M. Moreau on wsl) writes:
> 2.	Before you criticise (sic - I'm a European too)

Eh?  "Criticize" is the recommended spelling in both America and the United
Kingdom.

mathew
[ "He started it" ]

s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) (06/17/91)

harry@wsl.ie (Henry M. Moreau on wsl) writes:

>Amongst a lot of "I'm so much smarter than you" posturing, he commits the
>most grave news insult of all - correcting a non english speaking person's
>grammar.

So they never get an opportunity to get better.  Sort of like the rules
against exporting technology to the commies.

--
Regards,

Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)

jos@and.nl (J. Horsmeier) (06/21/91)

In article <s64421.677164439@zeus> s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) writes:
>harry@wsl.ie (Henry M. Moreau on wsl) writes:
>
>>Amongst a lot of "I'm so much smarter than you" posturing, he commits the
>>most grave news insult of all - correcting a non english speaking person's
>>grammar.
>
>So they never get an opportunity to get better.  Sort of like the rules
>against exporting technology to the commies.

No, the latter is pure DoD paranoia, the first strongly depends on
the intonation of the message with spelling correction. And who want's to
'get better' by being offended by some know-it-all anyhow?
Do you want me to teach you Dutch or Swahili?

***** ZPELLING FLAME *****    :-) 8^)

>--
>Regards,
>
>Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
>(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)

See ya!

Jos

|O   J.A. Horsmeier AND Software B.V.        phone : +31 10 4367100   O|
|O                  Westersingel 106/108     fax   : +31 10 4367110   O|
|O                  3015 LD  Rotterdam NL    e-mail: jos@and.nl       O|