[comp.object] Object Management Group and OMF

slc1290@hare.udev.cdc.com (steve chesney x4662) (06/28/91)

There has been a lot of press in UNIX world and such about a consortium
formed by HP, Sun and others to develop Object Management technologies.
How can I obtain more (especially more technical) information on the
group and their proposals?

Also, how does their work and x.500 differ?
--

Steve Chesney       Control Data Corporation      slc1290@hare.udev.cdc.com

sdl@lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (06/28/91)

In article <34597@shamash.cdc.com> slc1290@hare.udev.cdc.com (steve chesney x4662) writes:

> There has been a lot of press in UNIX world and such about a consortium
> formed by HP, Sun and others to develop Object Management technologies.
> How can I obtain more (especially more technical) information on the
> group and their proposals?

The simplest thing to do would be to contact them directly:

	Object Management Group
	492 Old Connecticut Path
	Framingham, MA  01701
	(508) 820-4300

And order from them a copy of the "Object Management Architecture
Guide" (November 1990; $30.00).

--
Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.

slc1290@hare.udev.cdc.com (steve chesney x4662) (06/29/91)