   From: todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day)
   Newsgroups: comp.dsp
   Subject: drbub stuff for ftp
   Date: 7 Dec 89 15:57:24 GMT

   Available for anon ftp from anise.acc.com is drbub.tar.Z.  Someone from
   the UK uploaded this.  It seems to be a fairly complete collection of
   all the stuff available from the Dr. BuB DSP BBS.

   I'm not going to have any time to look at it until next week, so I'm
   going to leave it in the form it came in until I have a chance to get
   it in order for the archive server.

   Look for it in pub/drbub.tar.Z.

When I anonymous ftp to anise.acc.com and then try to use the "dir"
command I am rudely disconnected.  What gives?
--

--------------------------------------
	rusty c. wright

todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) (12/08/89)

rusty@garnet.berkeley.edu writes:
`When I anonymous ftp to anise.acc.com and then try to use the "dir"
`command I am rudely disconnected.  What gives?

There is a bug in the ftp software on anise.  DO NOT USE DIR, and you
will be alright.  Use the README file as a roadmap.

--
Todd Day  |  todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us  |  ivucsb!todd@anise.acc.com
	You can't fool all of the people all of the time,

rusty@garnet.berkeley.edu (12/09/89)

   From: todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day)
   Subject: Re: drbub stuff for ftp
   Date: 8 Dec 89 15:20:06 GMT

   There is a bug in the ftp software on anise.  DO NOT USE DIR, and you
   will be alright.  Use the README file as a roadmap.

(belch:tmp) ftp anise.acc.com
Connected to anise.acc.com.
220 anise.acc.com FTP server (Version 5.53 Thu Dec 7 11:52:53 PST 1989) ready.
Name (anise.acc.com:rusty): anonymous
Password (anise.acc.com:anonymous):
331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> get README
200 PORT command successful.
550 README: No such file or directory.
ftp> cd pub
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> get README
200 PORT command successful.
550 README: No such file or directory.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.
--

--------------------------------------
	rusty c. wright
	rusty@violet.berkeley.edu ucbvax!violet!rusty

robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Bob Robison) (12/09/89)

For what it's worth... here is what I got when ftping to anise: No README in
/ or /pub though.

dfsun1% ftp anise.acc.com
Connected to anise.acc.com.
220 anise.acc.com FTP server (Version 5.53 Thu Dec 7 11:52:53 PST 1989) ready.
Name (anise.acc.com:robison): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> cd pub
250 CWD command successful.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
dsp56000
nntp-user.shar
drbub.files
rn
dsp56000.tar.Z
macII
nntp-auth.shar
dbz.c
dbz.h
drbub.tar.Z
acc
226 Transfer complete.
114 bytes received in .14 seconds (.8 Kbytes/s)
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

--
Bob Robison	- Southwest Research Institute, Electromagnetics Div.
robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu