From: sorka@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Alan Waterman)
Newsgroups: rec.audio
Subject: Re: New 1-bit CD Machines
Date: 14 Jan 90 06:47:58 GMT
Sender: news@lindy.Stanford.EDU (News Service)

From the articles I've read, it is indicated that the new 1bit cd
technology reaches the theoretical limits of sound reproduction
on the current CD format.

jimb@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Jim Belesiu) (01/16/90)

The greatest advantage that I see is that with a 1 bit D/A the implementation
can be realized with a digital IC at a lower cost than a digital-analog
IC.  I am not sure if one can claim that the analog filtering requirements
are any less complicated for a one bit D/A as compared to a multi-bit D/A.

Jim